SAFEGUARDING ADULTS POLICY
This policy was originally adopted at a Church Council meeting held on Wednesday 19 May 2010. It will be reviewed annually by Trustees.
To download a copy of the policy, please click here
1. We recognize that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as vulnerable at some time in our lives.
2. As members of this church we commit ourselves to respectful pastoral care for all adults to whom we minister.
3. We commit ourselves to the safeguarding of people who may be vulnerable, ensuring their well-being in the life of this church.
4. We commit ourselves to promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
5. The church commits itself to promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be vulnerable.
6. It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent the physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse of vulnerable people, and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
7. We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with people who may be vulnerable, including the appropriate use of the Disclosure and Barring Service.
8. The church is committed to supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work amongst people who may be vulnerable.
9. The church adopts the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese of Sheffield.
10. Each person who works with vulnerable people will agree to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by this church.
This church has appointed a Safeguarding Officer and an Adults' Advocate to represent the concerns and views of vulnerable people at our meetings and to outside bodies.
Incumbent The Revd John D Stride
Churchwarden Mr Paul Waterston
Churchwarden Mrs Linda Russell
Date 19 May 2010
Reviewed and amended 20 February 2013
Reviewed and amended 19 February 2014